Wednesday, November 18, 2009

RIP Felix


Last night on our way to the store James and I were laughing and enjoying our drive until....a flash of black bolted in front of the truck...and seriously in a blink of an eye....we knew what had happened...a black cat had been hit by our truck tires.

There were two responses to this...

Ashley..." Oh that is too bad....poor cat...okay let's go shopping." As some of you already know I am not that fond of cats to me they are creepy and weird. My sympathy wasn't all that much even though I did feel bad that we hit it I'm not that heartless.

James..." OH MY GOSH!!!! AHHHH! Did that just really happen? I feel like crap...I'm turning this truck around! That poor cat has a family Ash, I have killed a family member!!!! AHHHHH.....I feel sooo bad..." and this continues for another thirty minutes as we circle around this cat in the road not knowing what to do with it because we are on one of the busiest roads in Layton.

Then as we almost get to our destination I ask with a sly grin what do you think his name was, midnight perhaps? And before I could even finish my sentence James yells FELIX! We named the cat we killed....and with that...this post is dedicated to poor poor Felix...RIP! haha!

2 comments:

Bree said...

Oh man, I can so see James doing that.

I remember when Michael first went to the hospital, and I drove down with James to SLC and we hit a bird on the freeway. Flew right into my car headlight.

I think we both sat in shock for 10 minutes. lol

Heidi said...

You guys make me laugh. I can so see James wanting to find the cats family. He is so sweet. I would be more like you. I wouldn't like that it happened but it happened so lets just go on.